2010 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R - Specifications
Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, inline-four
Bore x Stroke: 76.0 x 55.0mm
Compression Ratio: 12.9:1
Fuel System: DFI with four 43mm Keihin throttle bodies with oval sub-throttles, two injectors per cylinder
Ignition: TCBI with digital advance and Kawasaki Ignition Management System (KIMS)
Final drive: Chain
Rake / Trail: 25.5 degrees / 4.3 in.
Front Tire: 120/70 ZR17
Rear Tire: 190/55 ZR17
Wheelbase: 55.7 in.
Front Suspension / Wheel Travel: 43mm inverted fork with DLC coating, adjustable rebound and compression damping, spring preload adjustability and top-out springs / 4.7 in.
Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel: UNI-TRAK® with top-out spring, stepless, dual-range (low-/high-speed) compression damping, stepless rebound damping, fully adjustable spring preload / 4.9 in.
Front Brakes: Dual semi-floating 310mm petal discs with dual four-piston radial-mount calipers
Rear Brakes: Single 220mm petal disc with aluminum single-piston caliper
Overall Length: 83.1 in.
Overall Width: 28.0 in.
Overall Height: 44.7 in.
Seat Height: 32.7 in.
Curb Weight: 458.6 lbs.
Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal.
Color Choices: Metallic Spark Black, Lime Green/Pearl Stardust White
Warranty 12 months
Good Times™ Protection Plan
New Features for 2010 :
-Four-Cylinder, DOHC 998cc Engine
* Oil is routed through channels milled into the cases on various parts of the engine, eliminating external oil lines and reducing weight
* Lightweight crankshaft maintains the same inertial moment as a heavier design but saves about two pounds compared to a conventional crank
* Very compact, narrow and lightweight design makes it possible to position the engine perfectly within the chassis for optimal weight distribution
* One-piece upper crankcase and cylinder casting saves weight and offers maximum rigidity
* Specially designed internal fins on the liquid-cooled, aluminum oil cooler promote high-efficiency heat dissipation
* Stacked, triangular layout of crank axis, input shaft and output shaft reduces engine length and aids mass centralization for quick handling
* Water pump uses the same type impeller as the ZX-14, with pump rpm optimized for reduced friction
* A lightweight Denso radiator with tightly packed cores provides the most efficient engine cooling possible
* Low friction oil pump reduction ratio reduces parasitic power loss
* Refinements to the shift ratchet assembly, shifting arm, return spring and collar result in reduced friction and less movement at the shift shaft pivot, for improved shifting feel and more positive gear changes
* Slightly longer throttle cables inside a plastic throttle housing provide improved throttle action for even greater control
* A new, embossed metallic gray coating on the muffler complements the new bodywork
* A new, 18-position Öhlins steering damper uses additional spring and oil pistons for improved action; titanium color and a laser-etched logo enhance the bike's appearance
* Aggressive new styling of the upper, side and center fairings and cockpit inner covers enhances aerodynamic efficiency and appearance
* Oval cross-sectioned throttle bodies allow very precise throttle control and instant response
* Secondary fuel injectors improve top-end power output and power characteristics at high rpm. Lower injectors are always on, upper injectors come on as needed according to degree of throttle opening and engine rpm
* Intake and exhaust valves are titanium for reduced reciprocating weight and higher rpm capabilities
* High-lift camshafts are designed to deliver more power at high rpm and make it easier to tune the engine for racing
* Exhaust ports that are narrower at the midpoint and larger at the opening promote high exhaust velocity and efficient scavenging
* Intake ports, exhaust ports and matched combustion chambers are designed for optimum flow efficiency and high top-end power
* A four-way adjustable rear shock features dual (low- and high-speed) compression damping as well as rebound damping and spring preload adjustment - allowing the fine tuning required for racing
* Bottom-mounted springs are completely submerged in oil for reduced frothing, improved damping performance, superior fork action and road-following ability
* Kawasaki Genuine Accessory shims are available for quick rear ride height changes at the track
* DLC (Diamond-like Carbon) fork tube coating on the fully adjustable 43mm inverted fork sliders improves fork action by providing reduced friction, smoother action and better road holding
* Designed not to interfere with the rider's intentions, the complex ECU program assumes all rider inputs are intentional. However, when a change in engine speed exceeds the predicted response for given parameters, KIMS will slow the ignition timing to reduce power
* Use of a compact, flat-type fuel pump that takes up less fuel tank space leaves room for a large, efficient airbox
* In addition to standard fuel injection system inputs (engine speed, throttle position, vehicle speed, gear position, intake air temperature, intake air pressure, engine temperature and O2 sensors), KIMS monitors the rate of rpm change every 0.02 seconds
* Oval-section intake funnels promote non-turbulent flow at all rpm
* Kawasaki Ignition Management System (KIMS) helps curtail sudden spikes in engine speed, enhancing the rider's control of power delivery
* Adjustment of KIMS parameters is possible with an accessory racing (circuit-use only) kit installed
* A highly efficient, center-located Ram Air intake duct is shaped for lower intake noise and higher intake efficiency
* Lightweight, two-piece, aluminum die-cast sub-frame is mounted to the frame's upper cross member, so rear suspension feedback is transmitted more directly to the rider
* Ribbing on the interior of the pivot plate where it joins the frame's upper cross member slightly slows down the frame's feedback for highly accurate steering feel
* Swingarm pivot located to aid with the front-rear weight balance
* Unique twin-spar aluminum frame features an optimized stiffness balance through a mixture of materials, shapes and thicknesses for superior handling and bump absorption
* Narrow sub-frame layout contributes to the compact and slim tail section
* A palladium catalyzer helps the ZX-10R meet strict Euro-III exhaust emissions standards
* A single orthogonal, titanium silencer with a new, black finish keeps the center of gravity low and improves exhaust efficiency
* An exhaust pre-chamber under the engine reduces exhaust noise, minimizes silencer volume and enhances mass centralization for maximum flickability
- Race-quality Steering Damper
* A pair of 5.5mm thick, 310mm petal discs provides the heat dissipation needed to maintain brake feel and responsiveness during extended heavy use
* A 220mm rear petal disc gripped by a single-piston caliper provides excellent feel and feedback
* Tokico radial-mount brake calipers use dual pads for superb initial bite, increased control and progressive feel
* A radial-pump front master cylinder provides the ultimate in front brake feel and feedback
* A new 18-position adjustable Öhlins steering damper is fitted as standard equipment to help ensure stable front end feedback even under racing conditions
* A recess on the top of the fuel tank accommodates the helmet's chin, so it's easier to tuck-in behind the windscreen at speed
* An LED tail light makes the bike more visible to drivers and provides the final styling flourish to the evocative Ninja design
* Slimmer than ever in new aerodynamic bodywork, the ZX-10R is designed to slice through the atmosphere cleanly at high speed with minimal turbulence
* The front fender aids cooling efficiency by directing air toward the radiator
* A large, rear inner fender keeps the bike cleaner and allows the mud flap to be smaller and less obtrusive, further improving aerodynamic qualities around the rear of the machine
* Mirrors, license plate holder and rear turn signals are easily removable for track day prep
* High mounting position of mirrors, with integrated turn signals, provides excellent rearward visibility and helps to minimize damage if the bike falls over
* The flush surface of the tail's underside reduces turbulence at the rear of the bike and ensures laminar airflow around the seat
-Advanced Electronic Instrumentation
* The ZX-10R's big tachometer "green zone" makes keeping the engine in the meatiest part of its massive powerband even easier
* Multifunction odometer, tripmeter, clock and lap timer/stopwatch are all intuitively easy to use
* The easy-to-read instrument cluster uses UV-blocking glass, for maximum visibility