2010 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R - Specifications
MSRP $10,499 USD
Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, inline-four
Bore x stroke: 67.0 x 42.5mm
Compression ratio: 13.3:1
Fuel injection: DFI® with four 38mm Keihin throttle bodies, oval sub-throttles, two injectors per throttle body
Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
Transmission: Six speed
Final drive: X-ring chain
Rake / trail: 24 deg / 4.1 in.
Frame type: Aluminum perimeter
Front tire: 120/70 ZR17
Rear tire: 180/55 ZR17
Wheelbase: 55.1 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 41 mm inverted Showa Big Piston Front fork with top-out springs, stepless compression and rebound damping, fully-adjustable spring preload / 4.7 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Bottom-Link Uni-Trak® with gas-charged shock, top-out spring and pillow ball upper mount, dual-range (high/low-speed) stepless compression damping, 25-way adjustable rebound damping, fully-adjustable spring preload / 5.3 in.
Front brakes: Dual 300mm petal rotors with dual radial-mounted, four-piston, four-pad calipers
Rear brake: Single 220mm petal rotor with single-piston caliper
Overall length: 82.3 in.
Overall width: 28.0 in.
Overall height: 43.9 in.
Fuel capacity: 4.5 gal.
Seat height: 32.1 in.
Curb weight: 421.2 lbs.
Color choices: Passion Red, Metallic Spark Black, Lime Green/Metallic Spark Black
Warranty: 12 Months
Good Times™ Protection Plan 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
Features and Benefits for 2010 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R :
* The ZX-6R swingarm uses many of the same parts as the ZX-10R; both left and right inner plates, the left outer plate, rear stand bosses, brake caliper stopper, chain guard and swingarm pivot shaft
* ZX-6R features Showa's Big Piston Front fork (BPF) design, for fantastic braking and initial corner turn-in
* The large-diameter of the BPF's internal piston allows a reduction in damping pressure, for better feedback and smoother action
* The BPF eliminates many of the internal components used in a cartridge-type fork, simplifying construction and resulting in lighter overall fork weight
* Inner fender above the swingarm helps to reduce turbulence and keeps the undertail clean
* Position lamps are integral with the projector beam headlights; the Ninja ZX-6R features dual position lamps like the ZX-10R
* Similar in design to that of the ZX-10R, the instrument panel gives at-a-glance information to the rider
* One-piece fender offers excellent aerodynamics
* Highly evolved fairing for great wind protection, minimal cross-wind effects
* Front brake hose routing with a three-way joint at the lower triple-clamp facilitates bleeding air from the brake lines
Massive Mid-Range Performance
* Exhaust collector layout contributes to superb low and mid-range performance while maintaining high-rpm performance
* Molybdenum-coated piston skirts for reduced friction and engine break-in
* Cam and tappets nitriding enables high-load cam profiles, for maximum performance
* Crown-finished pistons
* Double bore velocity stacks feature inlets at two different heights, for increased performance in both the mid- and high-rpm ranges
* Low-tension piston rings reduce mechanical loss
* Advanced cam chain guides stabilize chain motion and further reduce mechanical loss
Tuned Chassis Balance and Mass Centralization
* Exhaust pre-chamber further contributes to mass centralization
* Engine is rotated forward around the output shaft for steeper intake angle and excellent CG
* Exhaust layout with a short side muffler keeps the weight low
* Frame stiffness around the swingarm pivot and the rear engine mounts optimizes front-rear rigidity balance
More Precise Throttle Control
* Long throttle bodies between oval sub-throttles and round main throttles yield a smooth intake transition, for reduced inlet turbulence and increased efficiency
* Advanced cylinder porting delivers excellent cylinder-filling and scavenging
* Cylindrical guides in the top of the air cleaner box ensure accurately sprayed fuel mist from the secondary injectors into the intake funnels, improving combustion efficiency
* High-current secondary coil circuitry for optimum combustion efficiency
* Inlet pressure pulse monitor does away with cam angle sensor, further contributing to lightness
* Camshafts are made of chrome-moly steel
* Lightweight transmission gears and gear dogs
* Lightweight magnesium engine covers are standard
* Cassette-type transmission makes it easy to quickly swap gear ratios, reducing set-up time at the track
* Lightweight top injector mounting plate
* Lightweight oil pump and starter gears
* Intake resonator box and supports for the instrument panel and mirrors are unitized with the Ram Air duct, contributing to weight savings and increased rigidity
* The lightweight sub-frame is very narrow, for a compact and slim rear end
* The sub-frame is a 2-piece aluminum die-casting consisting of a front and rear section
Race-Quality Steering Damper
* A race-quality adjustable Öhlins steering damper with relief valve and twin-tube design is fitted as standard equipment
Ergonomics and Chassis Feedback
* Sculpted seat allows the rider to shift his body far back on the rear seat step, helping to reduce rider fatigue
* Slim-waisted fuel tank makes it easy for the rider to grip the tank with his knees or to hang off in turns
* Fuel tank profile is flared around its top, similar to the ZX-10R, providing a large contact patch for excellent rider feedback
* Rear brake master cylinder reservoir forward of the swingarm mount frees up space around the footpeg, for simplicity and weight savings
* Seat-pegs-bar relationship places handlebars close to the rider and turned in slightly for a highly intuitive riding position
* Steep rake angle for quick steering response and enhanced communication from the front tire